Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Have you ever seen a parent use inappropriate or accidental actions to train their kids?

Most parents don't always realize that they are accidentally rewarding behaviors they don't want, or punishing behaviors that they do want. As a result, parents are often struggling with problem behaviors in their children that they accidentally created. Have you ever seen ways that, by accidental or inappropriate reinforcement or punishment, parents ';train'; their children to have problem behaviors, maybe if people shared their experience other parents would be more apt not to do it.Have you ever seen a parent use inappropriate or accidental actions to train their kids?
I was in a grocery store, and this 14 year old wanted some kind of snack, while her mother was waiting in line, and told her daughter no, so the daughter looked at her and said I will throw a fit if you don't get them for me, and the mother said no, so the daughter started screaming like a three year old would, and the mother said ok, ok. I'll get them. I hate when parents give in, I would of just stood their and purchased my stuff, and let her throw a fit, I know its embarrassing, but this girl has learned if she throws a fit, she gets what she wants, and you see this a lot with parents.Have you ever seen a parent use inappropriate or accidental actions to train their kids?
You dont train kids you teach them. THEY ARE NOT PETS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment