Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How much involvement should a parent have with his child's entry into/start of grad school?

It depend where the money is coming from. If your parents are financially supporting you through school, and/or are paying for your schooling, it would behoove you to let them be involved with decisions. I, on the other hand, have nothing to do with my parents, and would not allow them to have anything to do with my school decisions.





If you are somewhere in between, I would allow them to have a say, but not necessarily follow their recommendations. Do what you see as fit, because it is your life. Eventually they will have to let go and allow you to make your own decisions.





I guess it really depends on the situation.





I hope this helps!How much involvement should a parent have with his child's entry into/start of grad school?
by the time i got to grad school, i was no longer a child (i was 23).





i appreciated my parents' advice and suggestions, but the decision was mine alone (especially since i was paying for it).

No comments:

Post a Comment