Saturday, August 21, 2010

What do you as a parent think about the public school system?

If you could afford to, would you put your child in private school? What are your reasons, for or against public school?What do you as a parent think about the public school system?
I hate it. Infact I hate it so much that I choose to take my daughter out of kindergarten last school year. Because, there were boys on her bus touching the girls where they went suppose to and they went b ack on tapes from the bus and never caught it, because they have one tap and you couldnt see from where it was. So they told us there was nothing they could do unless they caught it again. And then there was a girl who they kept allowing back in class who kept giving other headlice. Everytime the kids would get to go back to school, she would come back and give it to them again. I finally said the Heck with it, I am taking my daughter out. And she hasnt h ad it since. I find there are way to many kids in each class. And I find my daughter learning way mroe with homeschooling. Like I said before my daughter was in kindergarten and while in public school she was adding subtracting and reading on a 2nd grade level. Which is very high. I taught her how to do this. She was doing it even before she started kindergarten.


I also homeschool my preschooler who is about to be in kindergarten this coming school year. she is also ahead of others her age.


At first I was like, Hmm I am lury about homeschooling. But now I love it. It is great. my kids love it too. and I cant wait because I have a 2 yr old son and 6 month old daughter too!





GOOD LUCK





edit: for peole wanting to homeschool, did you know that you can get most of your stuff needed online for free?


Google free worksheets for homeschool and you can look up other stuff too....Its great...I rarely buy anything other than school suppliesWhat do you as a parent think about the public school system?
SaRaH: Please tell me that you spell better in real life than you did in this note!! Otherwise you are not qualified to teach your kids English!

Report Abuse



I don't know if you are the US, but I am, and from what I've seen there are vast differences from one public school district to another - even in the same cities and counties sometimes. So I don't really feel like it's fair to lump them into one category for judgment.





My son, now 19, went to a very good public school system. My 7 year old daughter goes to a different one about 15 minutes away from where my son went, as we moved before she started school. His was ';very good';, as I said, but I would classify the district she attends as excellent (it does fall into the top of the rankings for my state).





I have no complaints about public school, my kids have had great experiences - and so did I. I went to private school until 4th grade, then switched to public. Both my parents and I lived in what we felt were the best school districts, but none of the districts in my area are really bad anyway.





I would not put my kids in private school where I live. Here, the public schools are just as good as the private ones, and some are better. If I lived in a place where that was not the case, then I might have to consider it.
My children are not in school yet, but when it comes time I am definately going to explore the option of private school. I feel like not only will they get more one on one attention due to smaller class sizes, but I aslo feel like they will be a little safer then they would be in public school. Maybe this is not true, but thats how I feel. I would love to home school them, but worry that they will resent me for not having a normal school experience.
The last 2 public shools my daughter has been to I think seriously sucks. The teachers should be doing more teaching that's why they are called teachers. The home work my child comes home with is a little much. She has to read from a book and do math homework. Some science and spelling words to name a few things. Seems like everytime I turn around she has a project. I don't mind homework at all but when it weights down the book bag come on now. My daughter says they do a few work sheets in the morning then she goes to one or the other gym, library, music. Then go back to class do another work sheet then go to lunch then go outside and play then back to class get in groups and read and then back outside to play. Then back to their groups before school let's out. Work sheets are cool in school and all but get real what about hands on teaching and the older days with the chalk board where the teacher would teach you things and write on the board instead of just handing kids paper work to do. I paid a lot in school fees and for field trips so if I did have the choice it would be private any day over any public school.
We live in a small town that emphasizes sports more than learning, and it is difficulty for my son because he is ahead of all the kids in his class, so he gets bored easily in class. I would not choose private school, but wish that i could home school him.
Public school---all the way!! :) I'm a public school teacher though so I'm a bit biased. But seeing some kids come from private schools, they are actually much further behind than everyone else. Public schools are really on top of things (at least the ones in my area).
well, when i was a kid, i went to a private school, and all my freinds were nice, but then they went to a public school, and they all did drugs and had guns, it was sad, personally, i think the extra tuition money is worth it!
We are fortunate to live in an area with great public schools. After relocating to this area, our teen daughter is now thriving because the programs available to her (she has dyslexia) have been tremendous.
We are lucky in our area, because the public school system is really good, so I have no intentions of putting my child in private school.
I think some are OK but a lot are not. I HATED (public) school when I was a child. I think it was because the teachers were so bad. Consequently, I sent my son to private school.
I went through it and I survived. If they were in a really rough high school I might look into transferring or if we were rich, yes I would put them in private school but we were not blessed with that.
I don't think much of them, especially science class, because they indoctrinate children with Darwinism.
some systems are falling apart and you have to be really strict on teachers in a bad school system because they will drop your kid like a hot potata!
Public school standards have fallen so low that homeschooling is now the best option.
My son is in public school and it is amazing. He has learned so much since he started [[hes only 4]]...





Private school is too snooty for my tastes...

No comments:

Post a Comment