Saturday, August 21, 2010

What excuse does a parent have for not educating themselves before vaccinating?

Is it being a responsible parent to inject your children with countless vaccines without even educating yourself on the ingredients or side effects?What excuse does a parent have for not educating themselves before vaccinating?
Awesome question........and I just want to point something out....all of you who do choose to vaccinate say that you do do your research first, but provide no source of your information at all, not link no book, nothing! wheres the PROOF that you have done your research?....email me privatly and I will give you a TON of sources that have led me to my descion not to vaccinate. Where are your sources parents? .....This is NOT a personal attack....this is a PLEA for you to do your homework on a very serious issue that directly effects your most precious assets!


I want to know your sources besides your doctor telling you to do so, if your doctor told you to jump off a bridge would yoU?...sadly some would. Again......NOT a personal attack, a PLEA. may the Lord lead you. ~peace~What excuse does a parent have for not educating themselves before vaccinating?
You people who vaccinate are crazy read this list of ingredients: MSG, antifreeze fromaldehyde, aluminum, glycerin, lead, cadmium, sulfates, yeast protiens, antibiotics, acetone, neomycin, streptomycin, mercury, monkey kidney, dog kidney, chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg, calf serum, aborted fetal tissue, pig blood, horse blood, sheep blood, rabbit brain, guinea pig, cow heart, I could keep going but do your own research and you will see. Yes many of the daily products people use have many chemicals in them that is why if you love your children you shouldn't use them there are alternatives to everything that are safer for you and the environment. There have even been stories in then news stating that scientist are believing that vaccines do cause autism and other childhood disorders. Those of you who give vaccines probally also alow your children to brush with flouride toothpaste and consume aspartame on a daily basis yet you say you love your kids tsk tsk
No, its not being responsible. Its not necessarily being irresponsible either. Most people trust what their doctors tell them. If the doctor says, ';Your child needs these shots'; most people don't doubt them. That is what doctors are here for, right? Their the ones that went to school for countless hours and specialize in the care of our children. That's why so many people just naturally trust their doctors. Some parents go beyond what their doctors say and do their own research. That's great and more people should do it. However, I can't really blame people for just trusting what the doc suggests. To each their own. I've done lots of research on lots of different medications and vaccinations. Sometimes I choose to go ahead with them and sometimes I ask for something different or refuse it all together. People just have to do what's right for them.
I believe it is very important for a parent to educate herself/himself about ALL aspects of childrearing.





I educated myself about vaccines and concluded (after reading numerous RELIALBE) sites that the benefits of vaccines far outweight the risks.





I know other mothers who 'heard' that vaccines cause autism, or read some 'out-there' website that claims that measles vanished long before we began vaccating, or chickenpox is the body's natural way of getting rid of toxins -- and concluded that vaccines are some sort of dangerous conspiracy and refused to get their children vaccinated.





No honest person would claim that vacccines are 100% safe. Like all medical interventions, they have a slight risk. But the diseases they protect us from are far more dangerous. If you conclude (after doing your own research) that the vaccines are more dangerous than the diseases, then that's fine -- just understand that while avoiding some risks, you are exposing your children to other risks.





ETA: Someone asked where all of us 'vaxing' parents had done our research. My daughter is a teenager, so when she getting her vaccines the internet was still in its infancy. So I did my research from various books, including pamphlets the doctor gave me.





Today there is the internet, and there are TONS of websites out there. Some are reliable, many are so much bunk. I would recommend reliable sites like those from the CDC, children's hospitals, etc.





http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/





http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/





http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/divisio…





Or, perhaps you prefer to believe laughable garbage like this:





http://www.garynull.com/documents/Vaccin…








There is absolutely NO reason that the government would be promoting unsafe vaccines for our children. Why would they want to do that?
On the other hand.. what excuse does a parent have about not educating themselves before choosing to not vaccinate?





It goes both ways.. and when I say educate I mean not some random websites on the internet. I mean cold hard medical facts and studies. (and not studies from 20 years ago)





I educated myself, my pediatrician helped. I made the right decision for my child and vaccinated her (she is 12 months and has had every one on schedule) My pediatrician uses the best vaccinations available.. not the cheapest. I know exactly what is in her vaccinations.





I also am aware of what is in the food we eat, the water we drink, the soap we use etc. You think that those few ingredients that are in a vaccination are worrisome.. perhaps you should educate yourself on everything else like environmental chemicals.
Well, I don't know where these other women live, but my pediatrician just expected me to sign for vaccinations without a single word or question first. He acted a bit upset that I even questioned vaccinations and had a problem with some of the ingredients. There are many women who just get them for their children without a second thought. Some of us are under the rule of wanting to learn about everything to do with our child while others still fall under the ignorance is bliss category.
To me it sounds like your another paroniod person thats unstable, and grasping. Didnt you just see the news 2 days ago saying that people NOT vaccinating their kids is now to blame for a very rapid rise in measles outbreaks. Anything and everything we come into contact with on this planet has harmful effects in some fashoin or another. If something can potentially save your childs life its worth a minute risk, which has not been widely known to have caused anything period!





So i'm taking it that you believe there is this big government conspiracy to harm all youth in the country for no apparent reason whatsoever and have everyone on top cover it up? I dont think so, and I'd suggest a psychiatrist and meds.
I so agree with KIARI! There are so many things we need to be concerned about. Our food supply is loaded with hormones and every chemical imaginable. The soaps, shampoos, deodorants, cleaning supplies, etc........all have very harmful ingredients. Our water supply, etc......the list could go on and on.





I too believe that vaccinations are very important. We are seeing outbreaks of these diseases that at one time were almost non-existent. This is ONLY because of people who refuse to vaccinate their children. Most do not vaccinate because of irresponsible parenting. People like you, who have a genuine concern as to what goes into their child's body, are very much in the minority.
Oh, am I hoping that you breath with an oxygen tank because the air is full of pollutants. And use a bike because, hey, your kids are just sitting on a toxic waste dump otherwise. And the hormones in meat and dairy are unspeakable. What about those darn China made toys? No Chinese made toys in your home, right? All plastics are gone from your home too, I'm guessing, because the #3 and #7 cause delayed brain activity. Artificial colorings in food and soaps... Hehe, remember that movie that John Traveolta was in called Bubble Boy or something like that! Heh, that's you I'm guessing!!





Get off your high, self- righteous horse. That FACT is that any adverse affects (which are questionably linked anyway) from vaccines account for less than 5% of children. I've taken the better odds and had my children vaccinated. Someday when your child is convulsing from illness then you will wish you had too.





ETA: it seems many of you think ';in-depth research'; consists of taking the first 10 results of a Google search. great job moms! Great research stratigies!
I think every parent should do what is best for their own child. Just because you say vaccines are wrong does not mean they are. All of my kids are vaccinated and I will continue to do it because that is what is right for MY family.


And yes I am well educated about vaccines.


Maybe you should just worry about your family and I'll worry about mine.
Um I don't know about you but I received the same vaccinations as my child has received when I was a child and I DO educate myself as to what is in the shots. But I feel that the benefits of having my child protected from diseases like the measles or mumps or other diseases that used to kill FAR out weigh any risk involved.





Most of these vaccinations are tried and true vaccinations used for many many years.
They are not allowed into schools with out them.They give you pamphlets on the shots every time you bring little one in for them.





Guess that would make sense of why so many illnesses are in our schools then. My children have no issues with the shots. Our water is more harmful than these shots. Look at all of the chemicals in that. Look at all the altered food we have now. Look at all the poisons in the air and in the paint of our childrens toys. Don't sit there and treat me like a fool. Grow up and do some real research on issues that are very harmful to our kids. I don't want my children playing with other children that have not had their shots.
I am like one of the posters before me that said what is your excuse not to. I have had all the shots my kids have had, I'm not dead yet. Nor have I seen them kill any others. The pros definitely out weigh the very few cons
Yes that's why the measles outbreak just occurred and 63 out of 64 cases were NOT vaccinated. Not vaccinating your children is ridiculous and puts others at risk. Please vaccinate your child and stop this hippy protest.
You should educate yourself about them so you know what they are, but is it really being a responsible parent to not vaccinate your children??
I used to eat yogurt with HFCS, and thought that was healthy
The only vaccination I have refused for my children is when they had the polio drink that had live polio virus in it, I opted for the injections instead which does not have that and they don't even give the drink anymore.





Most other vaccinations I believe are safe, I just don't let my kids get 10 shots in one visit. I don't want my kids around other kids' whose parents did not vaccinate them because the more people that do this the more of a chance we are going to see outbreaks of sicknesses that we thought had been gotten rid of.








EDIT: Yes some of the common ingredients in vaccinations include mercury in very small amounts and if it were not in there it would cause the vaccinations to go bad, also the other ingredients like aluminum salts and formaldehyde are ingredients that do serve a purpose just like the antibiotics and egg.





For those of you that just see those ingredients and freak out try researching the purpose those ingredients serve in the vaccinations why they are used and what if any harm they cause, most are considered safe. No vaccine of course is 100% safe.





To the person who said something about aspartame, and flouride. Needs to do some research as well.





But then again these type of people probably believe every e-mail foward they get trying to scare them. Look up snopes.com and do a search for aspartame, and anything else your afraid of.





I don't fall for every little new bit of information floating about out there. I still use deoderant, microwave plastic containers, and drink soda with aspartame, it's in yogurt too.





It's Splenda you should be scared to give your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment