Saturday, August 21, 2010

How long does it take to get green card of a parent using adjustment of status procedure in California?

I am planning to apply for my mother's green card from California. I would like to file I-485. How long does it take to get a green card?How long does it take to get green card of a parent using adjustment of status procedure in California?
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Process鈥?/a>





the above link takes you to the processing times at the California Service center.


When your form gets processed depends on where it gets filed. Just because you live in California doesn't mean that's where it will go.





You probably need to fill out the I-130 first, and the I-485 with it. YOu can fill out I-765 at the same time


Currently, they are processing I-130 applications that were received in September of 2007, so about 7 months or so...





This all depends on whether you are a citizen, or a permanent resident- its' much longer if you are permanent resident, it would probably be faster for you to gain citizenship and then apply for your mom, if that is the case.


www.uscis.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment