Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How old do you have to be to buy a pet without a parent or gaurdian?

Like can you go into a pet store and buy a pet like a hamster or mouse without a parent? As long as you have the money, do you need to show ID or anything?How old do you have to be to buy a pet without a parent or gaurdian?
Normally yes but some stores will want to ring the parents to make sure.If this happens try another pet place.The wont all check up because a hamster or mouse aren't that exotic.


A little tip...It'll look far more realistic if you buy proper stuff like a cage and food and bedding for it so it looks like your allowed and responsible and well planed.


Hope i helped=]How old do you have to be to buy a pet without a parent or gaurdian?
It depends on which state your in, in Massachusetts it's generally 18 but some stores wont even let you see pups unless your 21, weird huh?


However if your getting something like mice or crickets as food for a pet at home, some pet supply stores don't question it really depends on the store policy as well.
I think it depends on the store. If you were going to, call and ask, but you should NEVER EVER buy an animal from the pet store. Look in the classified section of your paper and see if there are any rodents that people sell or have. Call your local shelter and see if they have anything there.
There's no definite age, I believe. However, I doubt the sales clerk would let a child buy a pet w/o a parent present. My guess would be around the age of 13 or 14 because even though they don't LOOK like an adult, they look more responsible than say...a 9 or a 10 year old..
Not that I know of. As long as your not really young, not a teenager I'm sure you'd be fine. And also that you look like you're not going to harm it.(guys in hoodies with scarves covering a bit of their face, but that would be a bit uncommon in a petshop don't you think?!=]) Some might require a parent/ guardian there. I'd enquire first.
I think you have to be 17 to legally own your pet. If you are younger it is in your parents name. No one cards sometimes you don't even have to sign out an adoption form or certificate.
I think that you probabally have to be 18. cuz I went in a pet store once to buy a rabbit, and the guy said since im not with a parent, i have to be 18.
with a hamster or a mouse, you should be able to go in and just buy one. But they aren't going to let a 10 year old or whatever buy one. so I'd say you should be atleast like 13-14.
well the first time i got a pet by my self i was like 10 and my perents weren't with me it was just some friends and i but we got picked up like straight away after it but i wasnt in trouble!
I think you have to have a credit card. When I got my hamster, I had a guardian sign these forms and give the credit card number.
It not the matter of how old it the matter of do you have time to take care of it or if you are eligable enough
you can buy a couple of fish at some pet stores for like 25 cents but they'll die like when you get home...... with out a parent or ID
you dont need parental help but you should ask your parents lol. but no they will sell you a snake if you want. i bought a bird without my mom being there she dropped me off by the door
About 2; you have to be able to talk, walk, and carry or chain the pet without losing it.
when i bought my guinea pigs, i had to get my parents signature (and i was 15)
They will sell it to you but you better have your parents permission.
you have to be 18 to buy a pet without a parent or guardian
at least 45 i belive

No comments:

Post a Comment